When to Use
Get or give surplus items.Manufacturer(s):City Approved Vendor(s):Other Vendor(s):Product/Service TypeConsumer, Industrial
Flame retardant chemicals haven’t proven to be very effective at preventing or slowing fires. But they are toxic and are found in upholstered furniture, electronics, baby products and vehicles. Avoid ingesting flame retardant chemicals with these solutions:
Manufacturer(s):City Approved Vendor(s):Other Vendor(s):*Map of vendors of flame retardant-free upholstered home furniture, CB2, Crate & Barrel, EQ3, Foam Order, Furniture Innovation, Harrington Galleries, Ligne Roset, Roche Bobois, Room & Board, The Natural Mattress StoreProduct/Service TypeConsumer, Industrial
- Dust, vacuum, and mop your home often.
- Wash your hands often, especially before eating.
- Cover up holes or reupholster furniture, pillows or pads if foam cushions are exposed.
- Go foam free with 100% down, wool or polyester fillings that usually do not contain flame retardant chemicals.
- Replace foam in furniture with flame retardant chemical free foam.
- Buy furniture free of flame retardant chemicals.
Use less, buy the right thing.
Building Supplies & Services
- Abrasive Cleaners
- Bathroom Cleaners
- Carpet Cleaners
- Cleaner Degreasers
- Dish Soaps
- Drain Openers
- Floor Cleaners
- Floor Finishes and Strippers
- Furniture Polish
- General Purpose Cleaners
- Glass Cleaners
- Graffiti Control
- Hand Soaps
- Odor Control
- Oven Cleaners
- Toilet Cleaners (Acid)
- Toilet Cleaners (Non-acid)
- Toilet Deodorizers (Hangers, Pucks)
- Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Ballasts
- Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Bulbs
- Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Fixtures
- Exit Signs
- Fluorescent Ballasts
- Fluorescent Fixtures
- Fluorescent Tubes
- High Pressure Sodium (HPS) Bulbs
- LED Bulbs
- LED Desk Lamps
- LED Electronic Drivers (Power Supplies)
- LED Fixtures
- Metal Halide Bulbs