Food, Catering Services
Info on this product category: Food, Catering Services
Criteria for Food, Catering Services
In July 2009, SF created the first comprehensive food policy for the City which addresses hunger, healthy food for City meetings and events, food production on City owned land and more.
SF City Depts. are encouraged to buy:
- Locally produced and/or sustainably certified foods;
- 2+ raw vegetables and vegetarian options at all meals; low calorie low-fat foods;
- Small portions (e.g. cut bagels in half);
- Fat free or 1% milk, soy milk, 100% juice, water or tea (unsweetened);
- Whole grain breads, rice or corn tortillas.
City staff should avoid butter, cream sauces, fried foods, chips, fries.